Thank you for visiting the CMSAS Limited website. Please note, we are NOT the Child Maintenance Service (CMS). If you need to contact the CMS, the number for an existing case with the CMS is 0800 171 2345 and for a new case is 0800 988 0988 or you can go to their website here: CMSAS Limited consultants are specialists in the Statutory Scheme of child support, as administered by the Child Maintenance Service. We would like to make you aware that we are not the Child Maintenance Service (CMS). We are a private company that provide a chargeable service of support, guidance and advice to both Receiving and Paying Parents, with Child Maintenance issues, assessments, appeals, tribunals and all Child Maintenance matters pertaining to the CMS (Child Maintenance Service) and/or HMCTS (Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service), including where difficulties develop with the CMS and/or HMCTS.

Does a parent legally have to pay child maintenance?

Father and his children
Does a parent legally have to pay child maintenance?

By law, all parents have a duty to support their children financially. When parents of a child(ren) separate, the parent who doesn’t look after the child from day to day (non-resident parent or NRP) must support the other parent (resident parent or RP) by paying child maintenance, whether they see the child(ren) or not. Paying child maintenance is a legal responsibility.

Child maintenance must be paid for any child:

  • Under the age of 16

  • Under the age of 20 if in full-time non-advanced education (e.g. A-levels or equivalent)

  • Aged 16 or 17 who is no longer in full-time education but has registered for work or training with a careers service.

Initial Consultation

We charge £175 (£210 inc. VAT) for an initial consultation.

Additional Consulting Hours

We charge £150 (£180 inc. VAT) for additional hours.