Thank you for visiting the CMSAS Limited website. Please note, we are NOT the Child Maintenance Service (CMS). If you need to contact the CMS, the number for an existing case with the CMS is 0800 171 2345 and for a new case is 0800 988 0988 or you can go to their website here: CMSAS Limited consultants are specialists in the Statutory Scheme of child support, as administered by the Child Maintenance Service. We would like to make you aware that we are not the Child Maintenance Service (CMS). We are a private company that provide a chargeable service of support, guidance and advice to both Receiving and Paying Parents, with Child Maintenance issues, assessments, appeals, tribunals and all Child Maintenance matters pertaining to the CMS (Child Maintenance Service) and/or HMCTS (Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service), including where difficulties develop with the CMS and/or HMCTS.


Team illustration


Acronyms explained...

Child Maintenance Service
Child Support Agency
Resident Parent: The parent who has the child (or children) live with them the majority of the time (also known as Parent with Care)
Non-Resident Parent: The parent who has the child (or children) live with them the lesser amount of time
Shared Care
Where neither parent is the RP or NRP, as each parent has the child (or children) equal amounts (50% each parent)
Parent with Care (also known as the Resident Parent)
Paying Parent
Receiving Parent
Qualifying Child(ren)
A qualifying child is a child where one or more of his parents are non-resident parents.
Relevant Other Child(ren)
A Relevant Other Child or Relevant Child, is a child other than a qualifying child for whom the NRP or her/his partner receives child benefit.
This can include a child who does not live the parent all the time, i.e. because there is a shared care arrangement for her/him.
Relevant Non-Resident Child(ren)
A Relevant Non-Resident Child or Children is a child of the non-resident parent for whom an application for child support cannot be made because the non-resident parent is liable to pay maintenance for her/him under a maintenance order, an order of a non-British court or under the legislation of a country outside the UK.
This is a child who would be considered a qualifying child if an application for child support could be made for her/him.
It includes a child who does not live with the non-resident parent and a child whose care is shared between the non-resident parent and someone else.
A child who is not a qualifying child and who is habitually resident in the UK can also count as a relevant non-resident child if the non-resident parent is paying maintenance for her/him under another informal maintenance arrangement, i.e. a family-based arrangement.

We use cookies to improve your experience on our website.